Information and Instructions
Flint Water Quality
On May 25, 2016, the Michigan Supreme Court adopted Administrative Order 2016-1, permitting the 7th Judicial Circuit Court for Genesee County to mandate electronic submission of new filings related to the quality of water in the City of Flint, alleging the presence of lead or other contaminants.
Pursuant to that authority, Local Administrative Order 2016-4 was adopted by the 7th Judicial Circuit Court. The effective date of the order is July 5, 2016.
Please be advised that authority for the electronic submission of new cases is limited to complaints alleging the presence of lead or other contaminants in City of Flint water.
1. Copy of Michigan Supreme Court Admin. Order 2016-1
2. Copy of Local Administrative Order 2016-4 Re: electronic filing
3. Credit card payment instructions – payment page
4. Copy of Local Administrative Orders, 2016-1J; 2016-2J approved court closed days (2016)
5. Link to approved filing fees
6. Submit Filings(one pleading per email): firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Copies of public court file documents: send an email request to email@example.com with case number and event number(s) of the document(s) [lookup online]. The clerk will email you the total cost for your request, @ $1.00 per page. The next step is to pay online here.