All individuals entering the Genesee County Courthouse are subject to screening by the Genesee County Sheriff Department. The purpose of the screening is to make certain that no weapons or other impermissible items are brought into the courthouse. The court does not have a secure area where prohibited items can be stored.
Pursuant to administrative order 2010-02J-In-re-Security-Policies-and-Courtroom-Decorum, all individuals who enter the Genesee County Courthouse are subject to the following restrictions.
- Cutting instruments of any kind including knives, scissors or anything with a sharp or cutting edge
- No chemical or aerosol sprays
- Cellular phones and smart phones
- Any device capable of electronic recording
The following individuals are allowed to bring in cell phones or electronic recording devices upon proper demonstration of credentials.
- Attorneys with a current bar card
- Court employees
- Jurors who present their summons and order to appear
- County, city, state or federal employees on official business
- Law enforcement officers on official business