All individuals entering the Genesee County Courthouse are subject to screening by the Genesee County Sheriff Department. The purpose of the screening is to make certain that no weapons or other impermissible items are brought into the courthouse. The court does not have a secure area where prohibited items can be stored.
Pursuant to administrative order 2010-03j, all individuals who enter the Genesee County Courthouse are subject to the following restrictions.
- Firearms and explosives of any kind
- Cutting instruments of any kind including knives, scissors or anything with a sharp or cutting edge
- Tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, nails, chains or any tool that may be used as a weapon
- No chemical or aerosol sprays
- Marijuana or other intoxicating substances
- Cellular phones and smart phones
- Any device capable of electronic recording