4287 W. Pasadena Ave
Flint, MI 48502
Monday – Friday* 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. *Except court closed days.
Genesee County Juvenile Justice Center (GCJJC) is a licensed Court Operated facility for the purpose of supporting justice and public safety. We provide short-term programming for youth who are court ordered into the Center pending disposition on their court case.
To be innovative and provide exceptional services that enable youth to become productive members of their community.
The Genesee County Juvenile Justice Center (GCJJC) will provide a safe, supportive, and structured environment that promotes positive changes in the life of each youth.
We believe that our staff are the foundation of our success.
We believe professionalism must be reflected in our attitudes, actions, and appearances.
We believe that teamwork is necessary in accomplishing our mission.
We believe in providing a high quality of care and programming for all youth in the Juvenile Justice Center.
We believe in providing a safe and secure environment for every youth in the Juvenile Justice Center.
We create a safe and secure environment by building a rapport with youth, by showing patience with youth, and by demonstrating understanding with youth.
We believe that trust, honesty, and integrity are essential in our interactions with all youth at the Center
Rules and Regulations
Only parents or legal guardians may visit. Each visitor must be on the visitation list. A maximum of two visitors per resident at one time are allowed in the visiting area. If a person exits the building the visit is concluded.
- Purses, handbags, and unapproved items are not allowed in the building. Only keys and picture I.D. are allowed in the building.
- Those arriving to visitation on public transportation secure all personal items (except picture I.D.) in lockers in the intake hallway.
- There will be no hair braiding or any other kind of grooming (nail cutting, braiding, combing, and brushing of hair) during visitation.
- No excessive hugging or physical contact.
- We reserve the right to refuse visitation to anyone believed by our personnel to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- You may bring money to purchase drinks and snacks from the vending machines during visits.
It is important that your visit be conducted in a calm manner. Arguments or loud talking will result in termination of your visit. It is mandatory that visitation rules be strictly adhered to as outlined. Failure to follow these rules will result in termination of your visitation and may jeopardize future visiting privileges. All rules are designed to ensure the safety and security of the youths in our care, and they apply to everyone entering the facility.